Day of Immunology 2013 Competition
We invite immunologists worldwide (individual scientists and institutes) to submit their ideas for PR initiatives in combination with the DoI 2013. The main goal of the activities should be to effectively bring “hot topics” in immunology to the public (layperson, media, patient, etc.). The ideal initiative should make immunological expertise more accessible for the general public.
The annual Day of Immunology is just around the corner – April 29, 2013! This year, IUIS and EFIS are working together to involve all regional and national societies in a global effort to promote the benefits of immunology research. This is a unique opportunity to increase awareness around the world about immunology and the importance of immunity to fight major diseases, improve research and save lives.
We strongly encourage every
immunological society and federation to participate. Use any
promotional materials you want. To make it easy, EFIS is providing
existing pedagogic material that you can freely use to create a winning
campaign that will reach journalists, school teachers, politicians,
decision makers and all people you know.
Design your campaign the way you like using any media you wish - posters, film, video, social media, email or regular mail. Ask all your members to give interviews, lectures, join classroom discussions, meet teachers and talk to friends, family and neighbors about their amazing immune system!
Reserve April 29 as the day to discuss immunology with everyone you know. Your participation is shaping an international community of immunologists dedicated to improving health for people around the world.
Applying for a prize is simple - just follow the steps below. We look forward to celebrating the awards with you at the ICI Milan, 22-27 August 2013.
Stefan H.E. Kaufmann Lorenzo Moretta
President, IUIS President, EFIS
Apply to Win a Prize for Your Campaign
The contest for the best public relations campaign for the Day of Immunology is now open! Prizes totalling 5,000 Euros will be given to the top 3 campaigns:
- 1 Prize at a value of 2000 Euros for the best international campaign
- 1 Prize at a value of 2000 Euros for the best campaign in Europe, where the annual DoI is celebrated since 2005
- 1 Newcomer Prize at a value of 1000 Euros for candidates participating in the DoI for the first time
All National Societies of Immunology and Regional Federations are eligible to apply for a prize.
How to Apply
- Designate one person among your staff or members to be the "Ambassador" for the campaign that you will develop and implement. Your Ambassador will be the contact person for all information regarding your campaign.
- Send the name of your Ambassador, his/her email, phone, address and a short description of your campaign action plan to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: April 15, 2013.
- Design and implement your campaign to take place on or around the Day of Immunology, April 29, 2013.
- After your campaign is complete, submit a detailed report to email@example.com.
Your report should include what you did, an estimate of how many people you reached, and what were some of the major results. More information about how to submit a report will be sent to your Ambassador. Deadline for reports: June 1, 2013.
Criteria for Awarding Prizes
Prizes will be awarded for the best European, International and Newcomer campaigns for the Day of Immunology 2013. Awards will be given based on the campaign’s originality, clarity, and impact at national or regional level.
Prizes will be announced during a special awards ceremony at the ICI Milan, 22-27 August 2013.